Friday, May 31, 2019

Not done yet

I am quite pleased that my writing enjoyment did not end with the snippet composed as of my last post. I have continued in the vein of that proposed plot progression. I have some concerns over my portrayal of the main character, but overall am more pleased to actually spend some time portraying her than concerned about an inaccurate version. I will, of course, spend a great deal of time slowly hashing out the finer points.

I am more committed to the actual plot points as well. I feel they provide an excellent setting to the last act of the story. I am not certain how relevant my musings on that setting will be in our current society, but I think they have some danger of ostracizing me as a writer. I am mostly alright with this, but only given that I successfully convey the finer details of my thinking. If people wish to hate me for that, it's fine. I just don't want it to happen over a misinterpreted or poorly written thought. It is a bit of a minefield, but one I have been anxious to wade into.

My lament here is that I haven't released a serious revision of any writing and yet the most interesting pastime for me is to adventure into the final act of what should be a very, very long story arc. I still have zero confidence in my ability to write on a full-time basis - my past failures haunt me more than I can say. 

I have but one goal, and time is passing so very quickly that I am not sure I will succeed in reaching it: to finish the newest edit on TPA:TGW before my birthday. The birthday comes in August and I have stalled out on just the prelude to the book, for reference's sake. I have some good ideas of what needs to be done, I am just not sitting down to do it.

This is an old and tired excuse. It will ensure I never reach my goal if I continue to return to it.

No comments: